Color up this Easter Holiday with a fun and quirky bouquet using Crayola Play Sand and Marshmallow PEEPS®! Peeps are one of the first treats that come to mind when you think of Easter, so It's only fitting to create a floral bouquet full of them hopping around on 'grass' using green Crayola Play Sand!
This easy DIY is fun and safe for parents and kids. It can also be the beautiful focal point for Easter Sunday dinner or a colorful accent for kid photos! Continue reading below for instructions...
Here are the items you will need:
- 1 One clear vase from your local craft store (you can select your desired shape/size. The bigger the vase, the more PEEPS and colorful play sand!)
- 1 bag of green Crayola Play Sand. (Click here to find it at a store near you!)
- 1 styrofoam block (make sure it fits in the vase!)
- Your choice of Marshmallow PEEPS!
- 1 glue gun
- 1 pair of wire cutters (not pictured)
- 1 cup, scooper or hand shovel
- Your choice of silk flowers
1. Warm up your glue gun and add an appropriate amount of glue to the styrofoam block and immediately press it downward into the bottom of the base. Allow a few minutes for it to dry.
2. Carefully use a cup or hand shovel to pour an appropriate amount of Crayola Play Sand into the vase at least 1/3 of the way. (The amount of play sand you use depends on the size of the vase and how many peeps you plan to use)! Make sure the sand is even along the edges.
3. Place the individual PEEPS side by side in the vase. Careful not to squish them :)
4. Continue adding PEEPS until the entire perimeter of the vase is covered. If your vase size allows, you can add however many rows you wish!
5. Grab your favorite silk flowers, cut the stem to an appropriate size of the vase with wire cutters and insert them into the styrofoam block one by one.
And now your beautiful Easter Bouquet is complete! :)
We hope you enjoy making this delightful colorful bouquet this springtime season!
Visit CrayolaColorSand.com for more amazing projects and DIYs!
*No PEEPS were harmed during this #DIY :)