Halloween is one of the most fun-filled times of the year! Fun costumes, trick-or-treating, parties galore and best of all, spooky decor! Today in the Crayola Play Sand Lab, we have another super easy DIY decor: Halloween Glow Bowls! These are fast and simple to make when you're in a hurry to decorate and even makes for a great Halloween sensory bin for kids that need or enjoy unique interaction.
Keep reading to learn how to make one of your own!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 Clear glass or acrylic bowl (Found at your local craft store - Any size will do!)
- 1 bag of Crayola Play Sand- Any color! Pick multiple colors for an even cooler looking bowl! (Click here to find it at a store near you!)
- Plastic neon Halloween favors (Found at Walmart)
- Neon Pebbles (Optional, Found at Walmart)
- Blacklight (Optional, but highly recommended).
1. Start by pouring in the Crayola Play Sand cup by cup into the bowl until you reach your desired level. Take your bowl up a level by layering multiple play sand colors... (but be sure to keep the separate by not mixing it).
2. Once the sand is in the bowl, start adding the neon pebbles and Halloween decor to your liking. Just plant them right in!
3. We planted the skeletons and bats it and placed the spiders and snakes on the surface. Finally, we draped the beads all around the bowl. Perfect for a party table centerpiece!
5. Optional but Recommended: With the room lights off, use a black light to add an extra glow effect to your bowl. Watch those neon colors and play sand pop once the light is turned on! If a blacklight is hard to find, you can always buy a blacklight light bulb (from Walmart) and screw it into a regular lamp or desk lamp. Works like a charm!
And you're all done! Here's to a glowingly spooky Halloween!