Independence Day is right around the corner and we've got a fun, colorful and low cost way to celebrate! These blasters make for a wonderful alternative when fireworks in neighborhoods aren't permitted. They are also kid safe, (just be sure to not aim at anyone's face!).
See it in action below and keep reading to learn how to make some of your own!
Here are the items you will need:
- Toilet paper tubes (#TeamRecycle)
- Patriotic themed scrapbook paper
- Patriotic colored glitter and confetti of your choice (Blue, red, white, silver)
- 1 bag of Crayola Play Sand- Blue (Click here to find it at a store near you!)
- 12" ballons
- Washi Tape (we chose the glittery kind!)
- Regular tape
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 pair of scissors
1. Measure and cut your scrapbook paper to the length of the toilet paper tube. Next, secure the paper to the tube with regular tape as pictured and roll it up until the tube is completely covered. Secure it with more regular tape.
2. Next, cover the clear tape with washi tape. Secure the washi by folding it over on the top and bottom of the tube.
3. Grab a balloon, tie the tail end in a knot and cut the top (round part) off with scicorrs. 1/3 of the way will do!
4. Affix the tail-end of your ballon around the top of the decorated tube and secure the perimeter with washi tape.
All done with the tubes! Now on the sand + confetti mix!
5. Grab your mixing bowl and pour 1 cup of blue Crayola Play Sand into the bowl. (1 cup is good for around 6 blasters.)
6. Add confetti of your choice...in the amount to your liking. We chose big sparkly stars!
7. Stir up the mix with a spoon until the confetti is spread evenly among the play sand.
8. Spoon in about 2 spoonfuls (2 tbs) of confetti sand mix into each tube.
And you're done! Go outside and blast off! Happy Independence Day!